Top Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content
**COVID 19 GYM
As of Sept 22, Proof of 2nd vaccine must be shown at
entrance for all spectators and parents in Tots and
Kinder 3 programs.
Parents, Staff and Athletes,
Updated Aug 24,2021
A face mask must be worn upon entering the facility, everyone is to be checked in at the door before allowed to enter. Athletes & Participants are asked to wear a mask at all times, if in the gym and they are physically distancing 3m. apart and doing cardio work, they may pull their mask down. At all other times we strongly encourage them to wear their mask.
If you have any symptoms or come into contact with someone with COVID-19 please do not enter the facility.
- Coughing or shortness of breath
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
- Runny Nose or Congestion
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nausea/Vomiting or Diarrhea
If you have any of theses symptoms please stay home, and self-isolate to prevent the spread.
If anyone in your household is awaiting results from a Covid test, please stay at home.
- A MASK MUST be worn, unless doing cardio work and are 3m. apart.
- Will be greeted at the door and checked in; they are to be dressed to prevent the usage of washrooms.
- Hand sanitizing or washing of hands with soap before entering the gym
- All belongings will be placed into a designated area
- While in the gym athletes are to wear their masks and to follow physical distance guidelines when doing physical activities and a mask can’t be worn
- All athletes must have their own chalk and spray bottle.
- Athletes are encouraged to hand sanitize after each event and before and after snack time.
- Snack time will be in our lunch rooms, athletes will sit 3ft apart, all garbage is to be taken home.
Recreational and Pre-school Participants as well as any Adult participants and programs requiring adult participation
- A MASK MUST be worn, unless doing cardio work and are 3m. apart
- Will be greeted at the door and checked in; they are to be dressed and ready for gymnastics.
- Hand sanitize or wash hands with soap as they enter the facility.
- They will be directed by a staff as to where to go and place their items and water.
- Classes with parent participants - there is only allowed one parent in the gym with your child. Please respect this as we are limited to the number of people we can have in our gym. Please refrain from bringing extra spectators as we need to maintain physical distancing in our viewing areas.
- During their class participants are encouraged to not leave the gym area unless it is to use the wash room or they need a parent. All water is to be brought into the gym and placed on their square.
- Classes with smaller children with parent participants are encouraged to follow the same procedures, stay in the gym area to have drinks at their squares and only go back into the viewing area to use the washrooms.
- A MASK MUST be worn at all times
- Everyone will be checked in at the door before being allowed entry, and documentation of entry will be recorded.
- Parent or guardians are to follow all physical distancing guidelines, and please wash or hand sanitize your hands upon entry.
- A MASK MUST be worn
- All staff are required to sign in through our coach’s app, and to self-monitor for symptoms.
- There will be limited spotting of skills.
- Will follow physical distancing guidelines, and enforce these guidelines
- After each class assist in cleaning/ disinfecting of all equipment used.
- After each event coaches will hand sanitize or wash their hands
- Will be cleaned/disinfected every 2-3 hrs depending on usage.
Front office & Lunch rooms
- Front office will be cleaned/disinfected after morning classes and then after evening classes.
- Lunchrooms will be cleaned and disinfected every evening.
- All equipment will be fully disinfected at the end of the day
As the province lifts more restrictions, we will update these protocols.
- Inform all members, parents and staff of all protocols that are being implemented at NGC, this will be done through signage, website and emails
- All members must sign an Assumption of Risk& Waiver form agreement that has been enforced by Gymnastics Ontario, that they acknowledge the related risks of Covid-19
- A Facility Declarationform to be signed by all members and staff of NGC that they acknowledge their understanding of Covid-19, and that they will follow all the regulations that are being put in place
- NGC will post all Health Signage that is being recommended by Gymnastics Ontario, these include but are not limited to proper hand washing, physical distancing, proper usage of face masks, etc.
- Signage will be posted as well as families will be made aware that they are not to enter the facility if they, or anyone in their household has any symptoms of Covid-19, or awaiting results from a test.
- Signage will be posted as well as families will be made aware that if anyone in their household has travelled out of the country they are not to attend
- NGC will maintain confidentiality if any member has been confirmed with Covid-19 and NGC will work with the Public Health Unit to assist with contact tracing
Entering & Exiting Facility
- Mask are mandatory upon entry of the facility, and must remain on at all times, members and athletes may remove only when doing cardio exercises or eating, during these times they must remain 3m apart.
- Everyone entering the facility will be require to check in prior to entering the facility.
- No member or staff are to enter the facility if they show signs of Covid-19
- No member or staff are to enter the facility if anyone in their household shows signs of Covid-19, or is awaiting result from a test.
- Upon entry everyone will be directed to the location where they will wait for further instructions from their coach. Everyone is to remain 3m apart from everyone that is not a member of your household.
- All persons upon entry must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water, the washroom will be kept sanitized during this time as well
- Physical distancing will also be monitored outside.
- Once classes are finished students will be escorted to their buckets to retrieve their items, Parents are asked to be ready to leave, to prevent lingering and exit through the exit door.
- Students and competitive athletes should come dressed in appropriate attire and refrain from using the washrooms to change in
- Weather permitting garage doors and side doors will be opened to encourage fresh air flow, during the winter months we will not be able to do this.
- Mask are mandatory upon entry of the facility
- Cleaning & disinfecting will be heightened throughout the facility, at the end of each day the gym will be cleaned and disinfected, bathrooms and lunchrooms will also be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be followed throughout the facility
- NGC will be limiting their participants and the number of persons allowed into the facility if we find we are reaching capacity.
- One person in the bathroom at a time, except for parents assisting their children.
- Signage of hand washing guidelines will be posted in each bathroom
- Hand sanitization stations throughout the facility
- Ensure proper respiratory etiquette will be followed, coughing, sneezing, or yawning into one’s arm or tissue – and wash or sanitize afterwards
- Avoid touching of eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands, and if so wash or sanitize after
- All rooms will be thoroughly disinfected at the end of the day, prior to the next days group of participants come in
- Students and competitive athletes will bring their own water bottles and snacks and will place everything in a plastic bucket that will be theirs for the day, these will be cleaned at the end of the day – there is to be no sharing of anything including food
- Competitive athletes will have their own chalk and small spray bottle and will not share these with anyone
- Competitive athletes are encouraged to bring and take home their own items, grips, chalk, spray bottles, water bottles, etc.
- Some equipment in the gym will not be used due to the lack of ability to clean and disinfect it, these items will be covered or put away, example large rezi mats will be turned over or covered with vinyl mats, bands will not be used, rope will not be used, skipping ropes and holla hops and balls will not be used, etc.
- If a member or staff becomes ill at the facility the following actions will take place
- Isolate member or staff in a separate area with supervision
- Ensure physical distancing from other members
- Staff should be careful and wash hands and avoid contact with ill person
- Notify parents to come and pick up member or staff immediately
- All equipment and or items should be removed and cleaned/disinfected immediately
- If a member of staff becomes injured at the facility the following actions will take place
- Staff will use gloves and mask to tend to injured member and try to follow physical distancing rules as best they can
- Parents will be notified to come and pick up member immediately
- Office staff will clean and disinfect the desk area at the end of their shift, desk, mouse, keyboard, chair, etc.
Program and Class Management
- Strict rotation schedules, snack times and lunch breaks will be closely monitored to encourage physical distancing, everyone is to remain 3m during times where a mask cannot be worn, such as eating.
No partner activities at all
- Limited number of participants allowed in each group
- Children must stay with their designated group and stay on the circuit that they are using.
- Masks are mandatory
- All staff will be screened upon entry, and must hand sanitize or wash their hands
- Staff may not enter if they or anyone in their household have any symptoms of Covid-19, or awaiting a Covid test result.
- Staff may not enter if anyone in their household has traveled out of the country, they may not attend for 14 days after their return
- Staff must follow physical distancing guidelines, and monitor other members, parents and staff of physical distancing, staff is also to enforce their guidelines, everyone is to be 3m apart
- Staff is to ensure members are washing hands between rotations, including themselves
- To monitor that members are following all the regulations and rules put in place, and to enforce that these regulations are being followed
- Follow and ensure that respiratory etiquette is being followed. Coughing, sneezing or yawning into one’s arm or tissue and washing hands after
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and wash or sanitize after
- NGC staff will maintain confidentiality if any member has been confirmed with Covid-19 and NGC will work with the Public Health Unit to assist with contact tracing
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content